Peanut Butter Bees
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup softened butter
1/2 cup honey
1 1/4 cup crushed crisped rice cereal*
1/4 cup chocolate chips
*An easy way to crush the cereal is to seal it in a plastic bag and roll over it with a rolling pin.
• Combine the peanut butter, butter, honey, and crushed crisped rice cereal in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
• Shape teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and chill them until firm.
• Measure the chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl and heat them in the microwave for 15-second intervals, until they are melted (note: they won't lose their shape). Stir the chocolate with a wooden spoon until smooth.
• Drizzle chocolate stripes over the honey balls.
• For bee wings, set two almond slivers on top of each honey ball, using a dab of chocolate to secure them and fanning them toward the sides just a bit. Makes about 2 dozen.